Book a Table

History of The Wheelwright’s Arms

The original Ale House on this site was The Blacksmiths Arms, run by James & Mary Lipscomb and first recorded as a beer retailer in Havant in 1839.

Blacksmiths and inns often ran side by side, providing sustenance and smithy work to stagecoaches travelling the length and breadth of the country.

Many blacksmiths also provided wheel-making and repair services and the pub name later changed to reflect that booming business, carried out on this same site for many years.